Meet the CM-6M–MIRA Safety’s flagship product, and for good reason. Easy-to-use, rugged, and extensively tested, this tactical gas mask is our top recommendation for emergency preparedness and professional hazard protection.
That’s because the CM-6M offers an unparalleled value at its price point, combining premium features–like an integrated hydration system and an anti-fogging oronasal cup–with superior mil-spec construction.
In an unpredictable world, the CM-6M full-face respirator offers a proven defense, trusted by police worldwide and compliant with European quality standards.
Key Features of the CM-6M Tactical Gas Mask:
- Lasting twenty-year shelf life
- Durable bromobutyl rubber construction (which meets CBRN protection standards)
- Full-face panoramic design with a large visor to enable a wide-angle view
- Fits up to two standard 40-mm 1/7” NATO filter cartridges
- Comes with a pre-installed hydration system and canteen. Note that the canteen has a capacity of 900 ml.
- Trusted by police worldwide and government entities in the Czech Republic, Norway, Portugal, Chile, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Kuwait, Latvia, and Lebanon
- Hypoallergenic inner mask prevents fogging, even under hard use
- Tested resistance to mustard gas penetration for nearly thirty hours
- Compatible with CamelBak water bladders with a Type M adapter (not included)
- Used for industrial, agricultural, law enforcement, professional rescue, specialized welding, construction, and painting applications
- Conforms to European quality and sustainability standards, marked with the CE symbol (for “Conformité Européenne” or “European Conformity”)
- Meets all requirements under EN 136:1998, Class III
- Complies with all standards under EN 168 for impact protection, making this the perfect mask for riot control situations
- Carries MIRA Safety’s special five-year manufacturer warranty
- Compatible with the TAPR-M Microphone and RVA (A.01) VPU Unit
- Manufactured in the Czech Republic
With a facepiece crafted from robust and CBRN-compliant bromobutyl rubber, the CM-6M Tactical Gas Mask protects your face, internal organs, and respiratory system against a full spectrum of toxic industrial chemicals (TIC) and chemical warfare agents (CWA), including chemical, biological, and nuclear threats such as radioactive dust, noxious gas, vaporized pollutants, and more.
Complementing this durable exterior is the respirator’s inner mask, which employs a unique hypoallergenic compound.
This formulation confers a few benefits. First, it increases the mask’s tightness whilst reducing contact with the visor, which prevents fogging. Next, it decreases carbon dioxide content in the respirator’s inner space, which–together with its favorable inhalation/exhalation breathing resistance–decreases the physiological burden for the user. This provides more comfortable and practical all-day use.
Another highlight of the mask is its speech diaphragm, which ensures at least 95% intelligibility, allowing for easy communication with other members of your party. What’s more, the CM-6M is equipped with a six-point rubber-textile head harness, enhancing the respirator’s tight and lasting fit.
Note that the CM-6M CBRN gas mask is produced in one size. To ensure proper functioning, the wearer’s face must be smooth, free of facial hair, sideburns, and other hindrances at the points of contact.
Though this may be something of a disappointment to our stubble-sporting customers, we have good news for those who are vision-impaired–the CM-6M tactical gas mask is compatible with the MIRAVISION Spectacle Kit (sold separately). Featuring simple installation, this kit offers full-vision clarity to those who prefer not to wear contact lenses.
And, of course, the CM-6M mask can be outfitted with a variety of filters. This is done by screwing to the left or right inhalation chamber. Note that the unused chamber (without filter) is sealed with an inhalation chamber plug. It is therefore necessary to ensure the plug is properly screwed and tightened.
Also bear in mind that the respirator’s inhalation chambers are ONLY compatible with Rd 40 x 1/7” thread in accordance with the EN 148-1 standard.
When selecting a suitable filter, there are a few things one should consider. First and foremost, there is the type and concentration of the anticipated toxic agent(s). Next, one must remember that the CM-6M tactical mask, equipped with a TIC or CWA filter, is only safe for use in an environment containing at least 19.5% oxygen. (For further principles of filter selection and application, please consult the filter user guides.)
Additionally, it is crucial to note that the CM-6M tactical gas mask can only be used in class 1 explosive environments–i.e., areas where flammable gasses or vapors exist, or could exist, in amounts that can create explosive or ignitable conditions.
And perhaps most importantly, the CM-6M mask meets all of the requirements for class 3 of the EN 136:1998 standard. This represents the highest level of protection provided by full-face masks as specified in the standard. Class 3 masks are full-face masks made of rubber or silicone, offering a higher level of protection, durability, and resistance against extreme conditions compared to the previous two classes.
As such, the CM-6M can be used for a variety of applications. Originally designed for use in industry, agriculture, law enforcement, professional rescue/biomedical squads, and civil defense settings, this gas mask is perfect for riot gear (as a riot control mask), EDC (everyday carry), and CBRN protection.
|1 size||bromine-butyl rubber|
|Effective field of vision. 77.6%||polycarbonate|
|Overlapped field of vision. 83.8%||Rd 40 x 1/7"|
Breathing resistance at 30l/min. air flow:
|max. 30 Pa||max. 60 Pa|
The CM-6M tactical gas mask must be stored in a dark, cool and dust-free place free from sudden temperature changes. The storage room should be ventilated regularly. Temperatures may vary between 10°C and 25°C within relative humidity up to 65%. Full face gas masks must not be exposed to radiant heat or sunshine. Fuels, solvents, lubricants and other inflammable substances, including chemicals, must not be stored with masks. Moreover, there must not be any electrical machines or appliances that produce sparks or discharges during operation (ozone creation).
Avoid deformation of the rubber parts of the facepiece and internal CBRN gas mask during storage.